The nine technologies described below are the most requested ones. Each technology has its unique advantages and possibilities and is better suited for different environments and uses.
If the technology or requirement you are looking for is not on the following pages, then please contact us for further consultation.
APEM develops and produces capacitive keyboards. These keyboards meet the requirements of industrial and professional markets as well as the trends of the consumer market:
- Modern, attractive and smooth interface
- Easy to clean
- Very robust
- No mechanical wear
- Water sealed and immune to waves
Made of polycarbonate or glass filled materials, these keypads meet the strict requirements of critical applications including shock resistance.
For many years, APEM has been developing ruggedized control systems for very harsh environments. These products combine critical electronic and software design expertise along with our core knowledge of milling, printing and discrete switch integration.
They can integrate switches and switch guards.
Typically, they are custom products suitable for small and medium production runs.
Our technologies are proven, used for more than 30 years for some of them. APEM is a major supplier of defense control systems in Europe.
APEM develops and produces rubber keypads. This technology has the following advantages:
- Custom ergonomics with low investment cost
- Dedicated custom electronics on product PCB
- Possible mix of shapes, colors and key dimensions on the same product
APEM metal keypads/keyboards combine the highest level of resistance to vandalism (up to IK10) and a modern and visually attractive design.
Designed for the harshest environments, they are weather proof and can withstand most corrosive agents.
Metal keypads/keyboards have a modular construction which allows customization with a relatively short prototyping time. They are made of standard elements developed by APEM and can also integrate other components (joysticks, indicators, switches).
- Modular construction based on standard V, PR and PQ series
- Modern stainless steel/aluminum design
- Long life
- High resistance to harsh environments
- On request, integration of specific electronics: protocols, USB interfaceÉ
Control panels created with MEC switches provide high-end performance, like panel sealing, excellent illumination, durability and a touch of elegance.
- Large selection of standard caps and accessories
- Military grade robustness
- Long lifetime with >10.000.000 cycles
- Customization in one switch, no worry about different behind panel heights
Membrane switch panels are made of several layers of polyester printed and assembled together. They allow to create a custom human-machine interface at a reasonable price with low investment cost.
- Entirely customizable graphic design
- Choice of all other elements
- Reduced space requirement (thickness of some mm)
- The most affordable control system
Our ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 certified factories allow us to supply high quality membrane switch panels meeting the requirements of demanding applications.
Switch panels carry out switching functions that enhance the final product with a tailored decorative appearance.
The switch panels can be directly connected to the electronic equipment by a flexible tail termination and consist of several layers of polyester and adhesive.
Mixing the advantages of both capacitive technology and mechanical push in order to provide your HMI a new look - together with the endless possibilities provided by electronics for the control and illumination scenarios.
The number and the position of large 18 mm round keys are totally customizable, just like illumination and marking. The customer can create a tailor-made keypad for his application.
APEM piezoelectric keypads combine pressure-sensitive keys and visually attractive design. Offering the highest level of sealing against water and dust, these keypads have no electrical consumption at rest and require a real touch to be activated.
- Smooth aluminum front face for a modern design
- Easy to clean
- Protected against water, dust and frost
- No risk of unintentional activation by wind or water
- No consumption