Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu
HISTORY OF THE GROUP
- 1952 / Creation of APR by Jean Rogero in Montpezat de Quercy (Tarn et Garonne) manufacturing of industrial switches
- 1971 / Jean Rogero creates a new manufacturing plant in Caussade, under the name of APEM and specializing in miniature switches
- 1976 / Created four subsidiaries in Europe: Germany, United Kingdom, Tunisia & Benelux
- 1984 / New facility in Montauban, specializing in the design and production of switch panels.
- 1991 / APEM purchased a company in the United States and created a new subsidiary, APEM Inc, to achieve a solid presence on the North-American market.
- 1998, 1999 et 2000 / APEM acquires:
- MEC, a Danish manufacturer of high performance PCB tact switches,
- WUJIN, near Shanghai, to create APEM (Wujin) Electronic, the Chinese subsidiary and operational base for APEM’s expansion into the Pacific Rim,
- UNIFAB in the USA, expanding switch panel range
- 2000 / Creation of a new subsidiary in Mexico, APEM Mexico.
- 2002 / Acquisition of a company producing stainless steel keypads & keyboards in Italy, renamed APEM Italia.
- 2005 / Acquisition of OLIVER CONTROL SYSTEMS Ltd in England, complementing the APEM offering with a wide range of panel mount industrial joysticks.
- 2008 / Acquisition of CH Products, USA, a leading manufacturer of joysticks, trackballs and simulation control devices.
- 2015 / Construction of a hub in Montauban for the centralization of stock management, as well as national and international shipments.
The NEW ERA
- 2017 / IDEC Corporation acquires APEM, the two combined are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of human machine interface (HMI) components, panels, and systems.
- 2018 / Extension of the corporate headquarter premises in Caussade.